June 12, 2007

Heroes in a half-shell

I have rediscovered online radio! I realize now that my less than awesome previous experience were most likely due to the dependence on Windows Media Player. I am muchly satisfied with the iTunes take on the whole radio thing. It began this week after I was getting very tried and frustrated with the Ottawa radio station I normally listen to and have my morning alarm set to. It’s the AtlRock station, which is music that I like, but the morning people are full-on tools and don’t even seem to like the kind of music they have to play for the station. Also, the repeat factor on this station is insane, and some of the stupid songs get played like 15 times a day. (Like that stupid “I’m not paralyzed but I seem to be stuck by you” piece of crap, what is it, Finger 11? As if anyone thought Finger 11 could actually make it past their first single….) On my little radio I am now trying this pop station, which is kinda fun b/c it plays N’Sync, Destiny’s Child and the Spice Girls, and all the other things that make me feel like I’m grade 9 again. But I’ve only been listening to it for a few days and, again, it’s the friggin morning show that I just can’t stand. Also, the commercials they play are baa-aad.

That brings me to now, on my computer listening to actual AltRock, and a bunch of stuff which I haven’t heard before. So much better, can’t even tell you, and most of the internet stations don’t have commercials or DJ’s, it’s like the sweetest deal ever.

More exciting news in my life: I did laundry yesterday! Since our washing machine (which was obtained at no cost) broke like 2 months ago its been way more of a hassle to clean my clothes. I’ve had to load up my tripping pack and walk to the Laundromat – but our dryer still works so I get to carry home the wet clothes while people give me weird looks from their cars, wondering whey someone is backpacking around Ottawa. But the cleanness of the clothes feels amazing, clean towel and everything. Now that I don’t have to wash sweaters the loads are smaller and easier to lug around.

I’m totally putting off the things I need to do. I’m actually using my thesis writing to not do the more imminent little things. I’m supposed to have a revised abstract of the presentation I did in Santa Barbara done for June 15th – what is that, Friday? – and haven’t done anything for it. It won’t take long, I just don’t want to do it. I also have other applications and reimbursement request to complete. Apart from all this I still need to find somewhere to live in Montreal. It sucks, but I’m hoping that I will find a good place and won’t have to move for 4 years! As if, that doesn’t sound like me at all.

1 comment:

Dinah said...

Turtle power!

I don't think you could live in the same place for four years. But I do think you'll find a great place.