October 23, 2007

Acou-tas-tic

I've been looking for some new music lately, particularly for acoustic type music. I have all kinds of alt-rock and other non-mellow stuff on my iPod and sometimes I need the yellowish tunes to de-stringify my state of mind. So here's a couple things, nothing too ground breaking in that you're probably familiar with everything I'm tacking onto my blog here.

Note: Its not about the video, its about the music.

Alexi Murdoch - Orange Sky
Love his voice.




Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski day
So sad, so serenely beautiful.




Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats
This is actually an acoustic cover of this really strange 80's type indie band called The Knife. You can find the cracked out video of the original on youtube.
I love the motion and reserved feel of this song.




Tegan and Sara - The Con
I know this isn't acoustic, but I love the weird harmonization. When I heard their stuff intially I wasn't into it but I might be changing my mind.




Now I'm asking for viewer participation. Let me know about acoustic or interesting music I need to check out. Its time for a serious trip to the big ol' HMV on St Catherine street where they have some of the more obscure stuff as well as the main stream albums. And they have fracophone music, so we're not limited to English.

1 comment:

Dinah said...

It seems like only yesterday we were setting fire to Strong Sad's underwears.