November 28, 2006

But the very next day you gave it away

Well, good weekend with Dinah, who left on Sunday. I believe she will be posting pictures of all the food we ate, so I suggest you all check that out when they pop up (link on the sidebar). Its always the way… you never do touristy thing sin the city you live in unless you’re with someone who wants to be touristy for a while. Unfortunately they had a big box thing around the eternal flame fountain that’s in front of parliament, I really wanted to show her that because its my favourite thing there. Oh well. We looked at the statues and stuff anyway.

And oh the food, there’s this Mexican restaurant called “Ahora” with, seriously, the best nachos ever. And everything on the menu comes with guacamole. So good.

Well, I don’t feel very coherent or narrative at the moment. However, I can tell you about my paper!

I’m writing a final paper for my Person-Case constraint seminar in which I will be talking about inverse systems, normally found in inverse systems (but attested in other language families as well). I’m going to review previous work on the topic which uses different analytic approaches: 1) Grammar external animacy hierarchies, 2) Syntactic and 3) Morphological. I wanted to make my analysis morphological in nature, but it will definitely have to be morpho-syntatic since the agreement on the verb obviously interacts with the syntactic structure. I’m going to compare 3 Algonquian languages, Plains Cree, Passamquoddy and Ojibwa. I’m hoping to get the meat of my argument with Ojibwa, since that’s supposedly “my language”.

But it should be good. I’m going through phases of feeling really good about it and being a little terrified. Its not due till January 3rd, and only like 25 pages so I really don’t have anything to worry about. Normally I would have a grand total of 3 weeks to work on a paper like that while doing papers, assignments and exams for other classes at the same time. But no, I just have this left, so I’m going to make it as good as I can.

Ok. So I’m really hoping Dinah does a good blogging of the weekend since I don’t feel like I can. But it was good. Very good.

I <3 Wham!.

3 comments:

Dinah said...

I just put my pictures up! I forgot to talk about the poutinizing, so you have to come and do that.

I want to say again how much of an awesome time I had. You're the best host ever.

Anonymous said...

that song!!!! stop it!!!! sing a real christmas song! like....sleighbells ring, are you listening, in the lane snow is glistening a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight...etc. aren't you sad not to hear me singing them to you?? over and over?
Anyway I am happy to hear you guys had a good time over the weekend, though i knew you would.
Dinah, what's the cat like?

Dinah said...

I have a picture of the cat but I didn't post it. He left me alone, most of the time, but he does like attention.