November 16, 2006

A runcible spoon

I bought my first uOttawa hoodie today! Now I can wear it instead of my U of T hoodie, which is my favourite, but I feel funny when people see me on campus. I feel like they think I’m saying that I’m better than them, but really I’m just wearing my awesome hoodie. So my new one is like cyan blue or something (Amina, I don’t think you read my blog, but it’s the same colour as that U of T hoodie you got in the spring) which is fantastic since I love blue, but its also kind of a girly blue. I’m finding that a little bit of girl in my wardrobe is probably not so bad, but I could never go all the way to pink, that would betray my very self.

My last presentation is on Monday, and then its paper writing time! Also I’m incredibly excited that Dinah is coming to visit me next weekend, ye-ah! We’re going to eat nachos and poutine and our hearts will stop during the most amazing weekend EVER! This Saturday my roommate and I are throwing a surprise birthday party for our other roommate who turned 26 last weekend. We’re calling it Operation Alpha-Beta… because he’s as many years old as there are letters in the alphabet, and everything sounds cooler when you use Greek letters. There’s also an Operation Hot Brother underway, but I won’t explain that now. And if it sounds bad to you then I’m ashamed of you and I punish you to watching some Arrested Development.

Does anyone else struggle with the question, “So what exactly do you do?” Because I cannot succinctly tell people what I do do. Meh. Anyway, I toyed with the idea of putting the best picture ever up today, but I haven’t because Pyweon might not be thrilled about it (even though I’m in the picture too). It’s from that time we had a girls night at Sharona’s. I think you remember.

Peace out.

5 comments:

Dinah said...

Watching Arrested Development isn't punishment. It's awesomeness.
I can't wait to come visit. Whooo! In a bizarre twist, my parents are going to be in Ottawa that weekend, too. Isn't that weird?

Anonymous said...

bethy-its jill....this is my first experience with 'blogs.' but even though i realise how terribly naive i am 'bout this i feel the need to criticize...there should be pictures, of you, and lots of them...i miss you, i come to your site, where are the pictures of beth!!?

Anonymous said...

I actually don't remember the picture...do i look hideous? is that the one where you're off looking at the ceiling and the rest of us are...i dont' remember anything but a vague memory of weirdness...on another note: there used to be a restaurant in kingston called the 'runcible' spoon. the had the poem on their menu. and they had good toast. and that's all for now. good luck with your presentations!

p.s. amina misses you (she said so yesterday and i thought you'd like to know)

Dinah said...

and then they found five dollars!

Dinah said...

i miss you.