November 21, 2006

Nothing's gonna stop us now

Well sports fans, we have reached the presentation finish line because I am DONE presentations for this semester. The last one was yesterday, and yes, I did turn red, and yes, my handout did shake in my hand but it went pretty well. I figure the major saving factor in any presentation is just really knowing what you’re talking about. So if you get lost on your handout or someone asks a question then it’s ok. Easy!

But now it’s paper writing time. Before I was expecting to have to write two final papers, but then a light shone down from the insulating ceiling tiles above and directed is sparkling rays on the top of my yesterday-showered head. I have the same professor for the two classes that I have final papers in, one class is at the MA level while the other is a PhD seminar. She suggested to me and the other MA student in the seminar that that we should just make the seminar paper a little longer and it would count for the syntax class as well.
Can anyone say Bouya?
Can I get a Holla?

Yeah, I know, amazing. So instead of writing a 20 page paper and a 12 page paper (having to think of distinct topics for both) I just have to write a 25 page paper, all in a continuous flow. I’ve written 25 page papers before, it should be fine.

But today it’s finally SuNnY! Its been raining most days for a few weeks now, and I walked out of my bedroom door this morning and began experiencing an odd sensation in my eyes. I thought to myself, what is different? After a few blinking moments I realized that it was the beautiful light streaming through the window and the lack of low rain clouds in the sky.

So, I’m feeling pretty good. I hope you get a slice of goodness and/or sunshine in your day too.

4 comments:

Dinah said...

Holla!

Whoo, I'm so proud of you. I'm sure that all of your presentations were awesome.
Also, I booked train tickets! I am so coming to visit!

p.s. i hope you had your sunglasses with you.

a Mamacita said...

Finnan would like to know when his Auntie B is coming to meet him.

Anonymous said...

your super sensitive eyes!!! oh dear!! hehe, it was sunny here today too! and i did appreciate it. Also...yeah no more presentations! they suck! and yay for papers! so clearly i am saying nothing of real interest or value in this commment. unlike i usually do. anyway i am most jealous of dinah for her imminent visit, speaking of whom, i cannot read her blog! and it makes me sad. but that is enough for now. glad to hear you had a good day beth : )

sue said...

i know what you mean about the sun. congrats on getting rid of a paper! i hope the rest of the semester goes well.