July 13, 2007

Degree #2: Check

Or should I say check plus? I handed in my memoir (its really a thesis, but I don't have to defend it) and I'm done my masters degree. I invite you all to call me Master, it is now an appropriate form of address and and will be expected.

Actually, just kidding. Although I'm done the MA grunt work my degree won't actually get conferred until October, but in all praticality its done. Unless they fail me for some reason, that would be super upsetting. But it would be a good excuse to throw a public tantrum....

I know what you're all thinking, "That means you're free for the rest of the summer!" So not even close to true. I'm writing an article with my prof, and I also have a research assistantship this summer. There's linguistics yet to be done. But I'm planning on going easy for August, during which I must move to Montreal, and I think I have to report to McGill on the 26th or something for this "mandatory" introduction session. They told me I had to go.

I'm going to Montreal tomorrow to hopefully find a place to live, yeah, its a little important. Wish me luck! I'm very nervous about finding a place, I just want this to be over. It better be the case that one of the places I visit this weekend is where I'll moving into in August.

Go team Masters!

(All I need now is an MA from CGNU.)

2 comments:

Dinah said...

CHECK PLUS!

That's so awesome. I am so proud of you - I have tears! In my eyes! Because of the awesomeness, and the awesome proudness, and the proud awesomeness.

sue said...

go team masters!!

did you find a place to live??