July 31, 2007

La la la

Hey guys! I’ve officially passed my MA thesis and I’m done my summer job and now its time for canoeing and Sauble Beach! Ye-ah, I haven’t tossed the Frisbee around forever, last time was when my brother was home and I was home, and we were all at home playing Frisbee. No one ever accused me of being a good storyteller.

I’ve decided to live in grad housing in Montreal since I’m nauseated by the whole house hunting thing. I think it will be ok, but it will mean me living by myself and going insane for lack of social contact. I’m hoping I’ll have friendly, non-annoying neighbours (since I’m the only annoying neighbour any single floor of a building can handle). This reduces my stress and lets me enjoy the end of my summer such that I might be able to recover from my MA before starting my PhD. Why do I do this to myself? Wait, I know why. I like to see how shocked people are when they find out how “young” I am since they don’t expect a 22 year old to be doing a doctorate. But I’m not just 22, I’m a person too!

I’m going to be home for a while, which means lots of torturing-my-little-brother time. I have big plans, mwhahaha. But I get to see some friends in the Sound and go back to all my old haunts. I’m guessing I will be bored in about 3.27 days, but it’s not like I have a lot to do in Ottawa. (Besides packing and saying goodbye to everyone here… whatever.)

C’est tout.

5 comments:

justmeghs said...

congratulations!
and also...i'm heading back "home" tomorrow! so we need to hang out

sue said...

i'm glad you sorted out the housing thing! sounds like a very reasonable solution.

when do you leave o-town??

Dinah said...

i'm glad you have a place to live.

i miss you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!!! Masters done woohoo!...Grad housing does sound good too.
Also, I hope you enjoy the frisbee! and that your brother, unlike mine, has not irretrievably lost your frisbee...maybe someday soon we can talk for real. like, on the phone or something ; P

Dinah said...

I just sold the cloth frisbee we got in our first-year frosh kits. Yay, yardsales!