January 16, 2008

7 degrees of Kevin Bacon

I said that to my prof last year, he's like "Oh, that's very clever" (because it sounds like "7 degrees of separation", just to keep you up to speed). I had to explain that I didn't make it up. Anyway, here's a Kevin Bacon related clip, although I think this little video might be 40 seconds too long.



If you thought that was even remotely entertaining, you'll like this even better. You can trust me on this. Oh, I'm so sad that no one who would get my Doctor Who obscure references ever visits my blog. Where's you Austrian rez friends when you need them?

I get to meet a fellow U of T-er who is checking out our little department under the shadow of Mount Royal. Oh, and I started a google analytics thing, so visit often! And when you travel, make sure you visit from there, so the whole world map lights up! I'm looking at you, Andy, although I'm sure you'll never read this because you don't really love me.

I think the flaw in the analytics endeavour is that I don't have interesting content, and so people a) don't check it, and b) don't search for things that relate to my blog. I got one hit from some little place in Pennsylvania, on account of "Philadelphia" being in the title. Maybe I should add some words to make my blog seem more appealing on search engines:

Stephen Colbert
Cocaine
The Canadian Dollar
Manifest destiny
Uruk-hai
Sex romp
Coldplay
K-Y
Phil Collins
Rhyming Cockney slang

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Hidden words! I totally found them! Also, according to my classes on metadata, these words will have impact if they're in the headings of posts, although they also count as content. It's information seeking behaviour!

I had a dream last night and you and Andy were parts of it although I can't remember exactly how.

Sometimes when I see someone has used a search term and gotten to my blog, I try it out and see where I land. It's a fun diversion.

Jon said...

"Turd Burglar"