January 13, 2008

Help me

Argh!!

Anyone who knows anything about computer hardware, I call on you now. My DVD ROM has decided to not read any discs any more. I stick em it, its spins a couple times and NOTHING registers. Gah, freaking computers, its not even an old one either. I've reinstalled every related driver and gone through the whole Windows trobuleshooting crap which obviously does not work. I don't know if its the internal cable, but Windows keeps saying there isn't a problem. Please help me! I'm begging you! I'm about two restarts away from flipping the laptop over and undoing the screws, which is not good because I don't know what I'm doing.

Right, in other news, new semester, new classes, new mountains of reading. Ah, the life of a grad student. I bought winter boots, which are guaranteed not to leak, and they leaked on the first day I wore them. Bummer, so I have to take those back and go through the long drudgery of finding another pair of boots. Its a difficult task b/c my feet are ginormous and I would prefer girl boots over hairy man boots.

I saw Juno with some friends on Friday, under the recommendation of my dear friend Dinah. It was sweet, I like Michael Cera, and all his hairless Canadian charm. I suggest you see it, but its a little bit of a girl movie (just a little), so if you're too macho maybe you won't allow yourself to enjoy its "offbeat-ness".

Ok, that's all. But please please please help me. I'm going crazy here. I have programs to install and CDs to rip for my iPod.

No comments: