December 11, 2006

I'm a freak out on the bus

I’m here in Nova Scotia and I’ve been up for 19 hours, a little above average, but I guess not much. A little much considering its only midnight eastern standard time, but I got up at 5 am so whatever.

Thanks to my amazing roommate (who was compensated with weird Scandinavian beer) I got to the airport on time for my super short flight that was like an hour and fifteen minutes, once we go into the air.

Anyway, I have now met my nephew in person, and I think he likes me. Actually, I think he likes it when he is jiggled – as task easily performed by any half competent person – but I’ll pretend that its actually me he likes. He sure is a cutie. I totally imagined him (from the pictures I’ve seen previously) as bigger than he is. He’s actually super tiny, which pretty much makes sense for a 2 month old baby.

I’m going to kick back and hang out with the bro-bro, Fre-Fran and bib-baby for the next week, after which I will reread my paper with fresh eyes so I can see how awkward my sentence constructions really. When you’re so close and involved with a paper its so difficult to separate, and I always end up thinking, “Of course it makes sense! You [kindly proof reader/pyweon] don’t know anything.”

Right. I’m going to sleep now, it’s been a long but very worthwhile day.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Yay! So glad you're having a good time.

Anonymous said...

weird scandinavian beer? now did you purchase this for him/her or was it a choice?
also....i approve your reading over sentence structure. and thats all i will say about that ; P
glad to hear baby is cute. i think it's definitely you he likes.
have a good rest of your trip/holiday!