February 18, 2007

I see you caught in between

I hate clothes shopping. Whenever I go with something in mind I can never find it, like it doesn’t exists. But it does exists because I’ve thought of it and I’m not the kind of person who can construct imaginary clothes in her mind. I hate the crappy mall downtown, and I feel like a tool taking a bus to a better mall, but my wardrobe is very small and I’m starting to get holes in my jeans again. I don’t want to have to go back into patch mania again, I’ve been out of that for like 8 months.




I bought the light blue Shins album, and Sufjan Stevens' ‘The Avalanche’. The Shins is to deliberately expand my music catalogue and Sufjan is because I’ve listened to ‘Illinois’ like 5 billion times (well, actually, the play count on Casimir Pulaski Day is at 64 or something right now) so I needed new Sufjan so I don’t wear on that piece of my iPod’s hard drive.

I’m actually reading for probably all of this reading week. That and getting my hair cut. Last time that happened was at graduation in June, and the salon people yell at you when you answer a length of time over 3 months to “When did you last get your hair cut?” I’m creeping up on 9 months here, but who cares, its my head.

I was social on Friday, I’ll have you know, I went out with people and everything. Even had an amaretto sour… just one…. I think certain of the people I know here think I’m a total hermit. I claim that its because I don’t know that many people here, I did many more social activities in Toronto where I had 3 years to build up a friend base. My girl roommate gets back tonight, so we’ll hand out and possibly get nachos at Ahora.

I should also go to MEC to use my wonderful gift card. I also need to use the lifetime guarantee (for a second time) on my backpack because there’s holes in the bottom and my pens are falling out.

I’m going through stages of thinking my thesis will be really good and really crappy. Sometimes I think I have valid things to say and other times I’m just revealing my own mass inexperience and lack of expertise in the field, but that’s what I have a supervisor for. Actually I have 2, for some reason, even though I’m just an MA student.

Toronto friends: I hope to see you March 2-4 when I come visit. If you could clear at least a 2 hour slot (or 1 if that’s not possible) where we could rendez-vous, that would be fantastic.

3 comments:

Dinah said...

Consider that punched into my calendar. And now that I do actually have a calendar with all of my stuff on it, I can see that's like, the best weekend possible ever to do stuff. I probably won't drink amaretto sours because I'm off those for the minute, but we will definitely have nachos (all-people only).

I love Oh Inverted World. I think I might pick up the new Shins album sometime soon, if I can ever make the long trek to HMV.

sue said...

beth you're coming to visit!!! i am excited and am writing it into the calendar.

would i like the shins? i never buy new music (except now that i have an IPOD i actually do).

Dinah said...

also: you have two supervisors because you are AWESOME.