February 28, 2007

Make it dance! Make it prance!

“Seems like just yesterday we were lighting fire to Strong Sad’s underwears”

-“That was yesterday…”

Well everybody, its that wonderful, magical time of year again…. That’s right, Roll Up The Rim to Win! I was called a hopeless consumer today because of my love of this annual coffee related contest, but that was by a European who has no solid concept of Timmy Ho Ho’s and its institutional status in Canada. Its not just a coffee shop, it’s a way of life. The thing is I NEVER win ANYTHING. I get angry at the people who complain about winning coffee and cookies and stuff. I would love if I won those things because I can buy 18 coffees (and we’re talking large here, I'm not coping out with the mediums) and get a “Please Play Again” every single freaking time. The odds of winning something are 1 in 9, so I’m caught in some sort of anti-double or nothing realm of rim rolling.

It doesn’t seem to matter that I haven’t won anything in the approximately 7 years I’ve been a faithful participant in roll up the rim, I still play again when they ask me to do so. Its some sort of optimistic obsession that keeps me coming back for more. I probably drink 75% of my annual intake of coffee during roll up the rim, I don’t drink that much otherwise. Two coffees in a day is very rare for me, unless its between March and May.

Right, so I should be studying for my midterm which I have in 3 hours, but I feel semi-confident and I don’t really feel like it. I hope it will be ok. I’m torn about how much effort I should be putting into my French class since I just get a pass fail grade for it. I need to work hard enough at it that the fail option is far from sight… that would be a depressing and unnecessary taint on my transcripts which only recently have been looking stellar.

Tonight after my midterm I have a whole bunch of reading and note taking that needs to get done before tomorrow at 10 am when I meet with my supervisor. I haven’t been slacking, I just have problems doing several projects at once and I like to get things out of the way before I start focusing on the next thing. My mind gets confused and garbled easily enough – two exams in one day is like the worst thing ever.

Places I hope to eat when I get to the T dot: Spring Rolls (mmmm, addictive Shanghai noodles), Sushi Club (no comment needed) and Friendly Thai.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

I want to eat there too! no pressure, though.

I saw a role up the rim cup today and thought of you.

Dinah said...

I just saw you! I win.