April 29, 2007

Day Day

Ow. My neck hurts, I’ve been sleeping on it funny. I have every blanked I own (and that is also in Ottawa) including my sleeping bag on my bed right now b/c our landlords thought that it was a good idea to turn off the furnace like a week ago. It got colder. I used to like our landlords, but now they’re jerks and its frickin freezing.

Today is about Phonology, all day. I’m going to hand in my paper tomorrow, which was the original due date, although we were all given an extension until a week Monday. But I don’t want to delay finishing it any more and I have other things – like my thesis which I have to present in less than 2 weeks at a conference – to work on. I never ask for extensions. Correction, I asked for one once in fourth year only b/c other ppl had already gotten it b/c the Friday appointments with the language consultant had been cancelled and we were all one hour of data behind, so I got the extension for the same reason. I’m generally not cool with missing deadlines and being late for things, I rarely even complete something just before the deadline and usually need at least a day and a half of done-early-buffer. You can ask Eendy about that.

Anyway, back from Montreal, slightly distanced from the freak out. Fortunately I got to meet 3 students who will be in my class (out of 6, 5 not including me) starting to grad program with me. They were really nice, and it made me feel better about moving and starting over alone again. As far as I can tell I’m the youngest person of the group, but I kinda like that, its like a free success at no cost, since I didn’t do anything extra for it. Except, I did fast track through high school, but its only 4 years now anyway so its not that special.

I should be working on my Turkish data. Maybe I’ll go and come back and write a little more later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m sick of long hair. I want to chop it off – who votes for chop it off? My only concern is that I’ll look like a long haired boy and then spend several months wishing my hair was long until it is again. Never happy.

Right, onto typing my new hand written pages on Turkish. Ta!

1 comment:

a Mamacita said...

You should totally cut your hair! As far as hair is concerned, it's fun to cut it often - it always grows back. And trust the Fran when she says that you certainly wont look like a boy!