April 23, 2007

Sandals from here on in

I’m in such a good mood today, things are looking up! The exam proctoring was super easy, and I was really nice to the ones who asked me questions, I tried to remember myself writing exams (as if it were that long ago). I’m getting my passport tomorrow and I can proceed with planning the trip to Santa Barbara – exciting! I have to book my ticket to Saskatoon and in May I get to see my nephew! It’s been months since I’ve seen him and he’s a different baby now, I can’t wait. I hope he doesn’t think I’m some sort of scary stranger, maybe he’ll remember me, or notice that I look like his father.

This week I’m finishing and handing in my Syntax and Phonology papers, then its hardcore thesis for the rest of the summer. I’m such a dork, I’m super excited. I’m feeling good about all my papers, at least at this exact moment, so I’m going to run with the feeling, which will hopefully turn out to be the same thing as productivity.

It’s sunny and warm and I don’t plan on wearing shoes again any time soon, I love sandal weather. Usually I don’t want till it’s this warm for sandals, but it kinda jumped from crazy slush snow season to very warm spring days.

Onto conquer syntax now!!!!

Something I stole from my sister-in-law’s blog:


(He got the fish from his cool aunt, whose name is Phinny.)

5 comments:

Jon said...

His aunt's name is "Phinney"??!

R said...

Thank you for so graciously pointing out the confusion of antecedent. NO. The fish's name is Phinny.

Dinah said...

Hee. I puzzled over that, too.

Cool Aunt! Although i do think you should make him call you "Doctor."

Anonymous said...

i was surprised you were calling someone else a cool aunt. Especially when that person's name was phinney. also, I thought you were in linguistics--arent' you types supposed to pay attention these things???...you should be here. i'm in crazy essay writing mode.

Dinah said...

Grammatics (is that even a word?) aside, your nephew is adorable. About that, there is no debate. In which case someone wanted to call him super adorable, but I'd be agreeable to that, so no debate.