August 08, 2006

“On a clear day I can see, see a very long way”

My stomach is in knots. I dislike being anxious and nervous, but whenever something is going on I’m very prone to being so regardless. I have been much more anxious before, I just don’t like the feeling in general. Today stuff happens, as mentioned in the previous post, and then I’ll know soon if “things” will work out. I’m not depending on it, so its ok if it falls through, but if it doesn’t happen then I still need to find out what happens in September.

However, if it does go through there’s a lot of stress yet involved and I’m not sure how I’ll handle it. I’ll run my errand at lunch and we’ll see.

Besides that, I went to the drive-in on Sunday night and got home a bit after 5:30am. I think its good to stay up for a ridiculous amount of time once in a while. I actually made it through all 4 movies without falling asleep but I was fairly tired by the end. You know how everything just gets really funny when you’re tired? And you just laugh and laugh….

We saw: 1. The Devil Wears Prada
2. John Tucker Must Die
3. My Super Ex-Girlfriend
4. X-Men: The Last Stand

The first 3 of those aren’t really my kind of movie, I mean I have seen Bring it On and 10 Thing I Hate About You (notice how it rhymes with “Taming of the Shrew”) more than once, but that was back when I was in high school and these sorts of things were excusable. Whatever, the first one wasn’t bad, but highly predictable. X-Men was good, but I haven’t seen the second one so I was lost a little, but stuff blew up and flew around so I could still dig it.

Apparently there’s always 1 revolving door open per building for the Toronto downtown concourse. Jut in case you wanted to know.

Anyway, going to lunch now to decide my fate.



Ok, I’m back from lunch now. It’s all sent, they promised me it would get there tomorrow. We’ll see. Out.

3 comments:

sue said...

beth you're being so mysterious it's making me crazy. and we don't even have LR this week so i can't find anything out in person!!!!

maybe we'll have to have coffee. though you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to.

!!

Dinah said...

Oooh, I hope things are working out for you.

Hmm. That list of movies is very much my sister. But I love your synopsis of X-men.

Anonymous said...

apparantly on a clear summer day you can see across lake ontario to rochester. something about the horizon and light waves bending and...heat, but maybe you read the article in the paper too.
oh yeah, and i am on tenterhooks for your september plans...i hope things go as smoothly as they can! i'm thinking of you