September 13, 2006

The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts

I just want to say that I am really REALLY excited about my research assistantship. No no, I’m not going to be a TA (that would require better French faculties than I currently have, but hey, I’m working on it) I’m going to be an RA. Which stands for “Research Assistant.” But if you want to pretend that I’m a “Resident Assistant” you can do that, however you might experience blog content confusion in the future.

I’m going to be working on ‘bare nouns’ (I don’t know what they are yet either, perhaps nouns that don’t take articles/determiners) in Ojibwa. Sweet. Thank you 4th year field linguistics, not only were you a fantastic class but you have opened up the door for a form fitted research job which pays an exorbitant (but university standard) amount. I could get used to this grad student thing.

From what I understand I will (after a month or so) be working with language consultants! Isn’t that great? Yes, yes it is great. So, very, very excited. I am an excitable person, but recently it’s been more negative excitement so this clearly positive news is welcome.

P.S. I heart Sufjan Stevens. His music takes me back to when I was a kid and life had a lot fewer variables and complications. Not that such life is exempt from sorrow and diversity, its just comes out in a much more beautiful way.

1 comment:

Tala said...

Isn't it fun when grad school pays you? I'm applying for funding, which is by no means "fun". But still!