January 20, 2007

You put the boom-boom into my heart

So procrastinating right now. I’m supposed to writing an abstract right now, and it also has to be really good. I’ve never written an abstract before, and these guidelines aren’t super helpful. So far I’ve completed a) Title. That I already had. Now I’m working on b) A clear and explicit statement of the research question to be examined. c) through e) are not any better.

I’ve got a few points and few not very clear sentences (I’m a huge fan of vagueness, but clearly that’s not going to cut it here). Really all I have at this point is potential.

Maybe I should just do some homework so I actually use the time I have rather than wasting it, but I need at least a rough draft tonight! Tomorrow I’ll have to fix up my rough draft to make it acceptable for professor to read and make suggestions. If I come up with total crap I’m not sure my prof will be super impressed, even though he is helping me with it.

I guess once I’ve written one abstract then it won’t be so bad the next time. Whatever. What-mac-frickin-ever. I, as always, have lots of reading to do and two assignments for Monday and Tuesday. Actually this is just me making excuses and trying to convince myself that I should do something else, but its all lies, lies I tell you! I need to write the ABSTRACT. The very name of the project should be an encouragement to me.

Ok, now I’m going to search for a random image to tack onto my post. I haven’t put any pictures up lately, I need a little more colour to brighten up the white space.


…maybe its actually white noise……

5 comments:

Tala said...

I have to write an abstract too! Good luck with yours.

Dinah said...

Good luck!

It took me a minute to place the title. Ahhh, gasoline fights.

Anonymous said...

Procrastination is king! I'm doing it right now!

Anonymous said...

did you write it???

R said...

Yes, I wrote it. My prof is fixing it for me now. I expect a lot of red.