July 18, 2006

Butterflies and sugar puffs

Bleh. Still feeling remarkably similar to crap. I even toyed with the idea of calling in sick, but I would never do that, its just not me. There’s a difference between not going to class just because you’d rather not move and not going to work – you have to go to work.

The only time ever in my life that I called in sick at work was when I worked at Lawson’s in high school. It was my first job, and I was even planning on going to work, but my mom made me stay home. I had just gotten back from a 10 day missions trip in Ensenada, Mexico and had been in the Mexican hospital a few days earlier. They didn’t admit me, which is good, but I was mega sick all the same. I couldn’t move, I kept barfing, you know how it is. And they stopped giving me pain killers after like 2 tylenol, I was so not impressed but they were trying to take care of me.

I was dehydrated and I had to drink this electrolyte solution that was “manzana” flavoured. I can just tell you truly that since that day I have not had apple juice. Needless to say it was probably a pretty good reason to call in sick. Today I didn’t have as good a reason, just barely slept, had a headache and again with the feeling like the ralphing. But enough of how I feel crappy.

1 comment:

Dinah said...

Awww. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks.